At Global Resources LLC, we often advise clients to update their existing marketing plans once a new year rolls around. Things change, especially the internet. The marketing tactics that were so successful in 2016 could be already obsolete. Here are several new tips to upgrade your company’s marketing plan for a brand new year:
- Double the Social Media Advertising Budget—If 2016 taught us anything, it is that people rely heavily on social media to get their information, often over traditional media outlets. Businesses that want optimum exposure should have a bigger presence on social media. So, at least double your budget for social media this year to capitalize on the exposure.
- Make Videos—Video is the newest hot type of content. If you want your content to get attention in a sea of content, make a video about it. Videos should be ideally kept short so they can be quickly streamed on smartphones as well.
- Think beyond Smartphones for Mobile Marketing— Yes, mobile marketing is important, but this aspect of the business does not relate to smartphones alone. Mobile marketing is a broad term that applies to a variety of non-computer devices people use to communicate with, including smartwatches. So, do not limit your 2017 mobile marketing strategy to smartphones alone.
- Email Customers—Still the best way to get in touch with customers and get their attention is email. If you don’t already have one, you need to develop a top-notch email marketing strategy for 2017. Rather than emailing customers a lot, figure out ways to send one or two emails that do get clicked on.
- Produce Niche Content—Right now, there are over 2 million blog posts published each day on the web. It’s really, really difficult to stand out among this crowd when you only create generic content. Therefore, if you want the content you produce to truly have an impact, target a niche audience. Master any niche subject to truly reach out to your target audience.
- Stay Away from Politics—2016 did not end in a politically harmonious manner for anyone. While it’s important for companies to take certain ethical or moral standards, it’s wise to stay away from mainstream politics altogether. The main reason is that companies cannot predict how political sounding statements might be perceived. So, it’s best to simply not go there at all.
For customized tips regarding your company’s particular marketing plan, contact us at GR-US.com.